CHECK BACK IN AUGUST!
A to Z Connect - click here
MCPS SSL Hours Info Click Here
Increase Sales -- Advertise with us! For a nominal fee, we would like to offer you the opportunity to support Herbert Hoover Middle School's PTA and advertise to our community. We have a weekly e-newsletter called Hoover Notes which is sent to over 1000 families every Sunday and our PTA Website! We offer two spaces in our newsletter, a slot at the top and one at the bottom where you can place an ad for your business. If you are interested please sign up HERE or contact us at Hooveradvertisements@gmail.com
New to Hoover? Join Hoover Notes! Hoover Notes is the PTA weekly newsletter and your top source for information during the schoolyear.
Congratulations Hoover Class of 2019!!
Fantastic, pre-approved SSL Opportunity for this summer!!
Join us in the warehouse every week:WHERE: 11720 Parklawn Dr Rockville MD 20852
TIME: 4pm -7pm
*Yes, this event is SSL pre-approved.
See the current list of volunteer opportunities.
Fall 2019 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We are going to need lots of help next year so please contact Wendi Colby at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out with the positions below or volunteering at one-time events such as Book Fair, etc.
1) School Support / Appreciation Chair- we would love to have two parents chair this committee as well as have several additional volunteers to organize and run events
2) Community Spirit/Communications Chair
3) Sponsorships/Advertising Chair (primarily through email & phone)
4) School Store- WE REALLY need someone to take this over so it can continue
5) Talent Show
6) SGA Support
7) NAACP Parents Council Representative- We have one parent who would like to partner for this position so they can alternate attending monthly meetings.
8) Grocery Rewards (Giant / Amazon)
9) Family Nights Out (restaurant nights)
From the Media Center:
Sora-The student reading app, by OverDrive
Sora provides the quickest and easiest way to get started with digital titles from our school. Students can simply log in using school credentials and instantly access hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks on virtually any device. Get started today at https://soraapp.com or download the free Sora app for Android or iOS. Students can also find the link to Sora on the Hoover website on the Media Center Destiny Catalog page. The Sora link can also be found at the bottom of the home page of the Destiny catalog.
Students can use the access code, “montgomerymd”, or students can use the geolocation feature, “find my school” to locate their school. Students will log in with their network credentials. Anyone will only need to use the code once if it is on their personal device.
Students can borrow ebooks and audiobooks that are owned by Hoover Media Center, and also those shared by all schools in MCPS. They can also link to a public library to borrow ebooks from the public library.
What’s great in Sora:
● Easy onboarding
● One-tap borrowing and reading
● Fun reading achievements and avatars
Copyright © 2019 Herbert Hoover Middle School PTA, All rights reserved.