Thank you for...
- Three TERRIFIC Read-A-Thon weeks! We are now only $576 away from our $6,000 fundraising goal! For a list of the weekly winners and other details, click on the "Read-A-Thon" tab.
- the Pretzel Bakery in Cabin John for donating their delicious pretzels to the top classes for Week 3.
- attending Hoover's STEAM Night. And a big thank you from the Math & Science Departments for your generous donation of items from the Hoover Staff's Amazon Gift Registry.
- volunteering to hand out Week 1 Read-A-Thon prizes during lunch.
- participating in the Hoover Spirit Night at Potomac Pizza.
- attending the Hoover Social Studies Department's wonderful Social Studies Showcase.
- the Valentine's Day Social volunteers. It was another fun event for 180 students!
- the outstanding 2022-2023 National PTA Reflections Contest entries. For more details, click here.
- the 54 families who represented 29 different countries at the World Expo-Taste of Hoover. It was an incredible celebration!
- attending the Hoover PTA General Membership Meeting on 1/10.
- signing up your student for the Hoover Read-A-Thon. Since winners are selected weekly, readers signing up today still have the chance to win. Click on the Read-A-Thon tab for more information.
- participating in the next fundraising Spirit Night at Ledo Pizza on 3/22.
- joining Hoover's PTA Facebook Group to stay up to date on all things Hoover.
- purchasing snacks for after school programs through the Hoover Staff's Amazon Gift Registry.
- reviewing and submitting comments on the Board of Education's recently proposed changes to Policy ABC (Parent and Family Involvement) which guides regulation ABC-RA. If family involvement, information sharing and stakeholder participation in school improvement are important to you, please read the proposed revisions to Policy ABC and submit your comments to the Board of Education before the April 20th deadline. The proposed Policy ABC revisions and public comment submission form can be found on this page beneath the video clip on the right-hand side.
- reviewing the Q&As from the 2/22 NAACP Parents' Council's Conversation with the Superintendent here. There is a lot of information on topics that PTAs should be very interested in. Here is the registration form for the next NAACP Parents Council virtual meeting on 3/22 at 6 pm.
- The Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee (SECAC) virtual meeting is on 3/23 from 7-9 pm. Here is the Zoom link: https://mcpsmd.zoom.us/j/84412245519?pwd=VDhJbSt1ai9TSVRGbjNWQi9vYnV0dz09 Meeting ID: 844 1224 5519; Passcode: 32323
- two recently approved documents by the Montgomery County Council of PTA's (MCCPTA) delegates: 1) the Digital Balance Resolution, which recommends limits on screen time in classrooms; and 2) the MCCPTA Advocacy Priorities for 2022-2023, which lays out its priorities regarding access to equitable opportunities; capital funds and facilities; operating funds; communication; curriculum; diversity, equity and inclusion; health and wellness; and school climate and security. If you have any questions, please contact the Hoover MCCPTA delegates, Jacqueline Coleman Snead (JacquiTheLeo@gmail.com) and Jennifer Nordin (HHMSDelegate1@gmail.com).
- the Student Service Learning (SSL) overview and opportunities under the "More" tab. A reminder: any middle school student who has submitted documentation to show the completion of the 75-hour SSL graduation requirement (for the first time in middle school) by March 30, 2023, will receive the Superintendent’s SSL Award.
MCPS COMMUNITY NEWS